Getting stuff from eroquests

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:27:36 -0000

A couple of questions about leaving the Heroplane with stuff.

When I specifically quest to get an item, how does this item come to me at the quest's end? Does it:
* appear as one of the quest items, that now has special powers?
(KoDP method.)
* miraculously appear out of nowhere?

Personally, I suspect that any or all might occur, depending on the myth in question and the level of support received. But some of them lead to intriguing logistics problems for the GM. For instance, I quest to turn strangers into allies. If I read the books right, some people will "represent" the strangers in the quest (can be some of my supporters, or even some local criminals). My quest succeeds. I get:
* supporters who now exhibit new and strange powers, or criminals who
exhibit new and strange powers and are not unfriendly to me.
* people who appear in my tula; no one saw anyone enter during the
ritual.
* people who arrive at my tula during the quest, and stay afterwards.

Is this substantially correct?

Roland