Re: Community Support funkiness

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:13:39 -0000

Michael Schwartz doesn't like my suggestions:

Fair enough.

> These numbers have nothing to do with the degrees of success

You missed my point, clearly. I'm suggesting that you would expect to receive Extraordinary support from Disciples -- that this is the standard degree of participation at that level of cultic involvement. (Or whatever that table I knocked out said -- can't be bothered to check).

> Thus they are useless to me.

Fair enough.

> Do you intend them to be specific bonuses, so 5 Devotees give a
> +20 in support?

No, because I intend the bonus to be bumped up or down based on your success in persuading them to support you. Five Devotees are worth 20 lay-members'-worth of support *if* they do what you'd expect them to.

> I have no idea from your examples what *modifiers* affect the
> hero.

Because I said nothing about this. I'd like to come up with a single column that broadly duplicates the *results* of the present Community Support Table. Many, many apologies if my post became useless to you without this additional work. Foolish of me to try to contribute on the fly. Must Try Harder.

> The table works for me, given that the numbers are intuitive powers
> of two for the most part. I don't understand your objection to it.

You've never had to throw your best friends down a well, then.

Cheers, Nick