Re: Community Support funkiness

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:41:23 -0000

Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_l...> wrote:

>> I'm suggesting that you would expect to receive Extraordinary >> support from Disciples

> ...for disciples of the deities participating in the quest (e.g.
> Orlanth in the LBQ). IIRC, disciples are extremely rare. Wouldn't
> disciples be the questers?

I'm trying to scale things *up* so we can look at e.g. quests by Jar-  backed by religious support from the whole Lunar Empire, not just quests by the Aranwyth Tribe or the Greydog Clan. This is why I thought it worth noting that Disciples can fit into the paradigm.

Or do you think Jar-Eel is *always* accompanied on HeroQuests by *every* Lunar Disciple who thinks she is a Good Thing?

Good point on logarithms, BTW: this is why I was going for "laymember  equivalents" rather than fixed bonuses -- you'd then convert them into a bonus on an exponential/logarithmic (powers-of-two?) scale.

When the Lunar Empire or Kralori Empire puts its weight behind something, it can generate community support from MILLIONS of worshippers. I want a system robust enough to cope with this.

Cheers, Nick