Getting stuff from *H*eroquests

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:06:02 -0000

[Gian Gero replied to me.]
> I don't know if this is correct, but I like it.
I've been rereading King of Sartar at the same time as Thunder Rebels, because Hero Wars is a very different system from the mechanistic ones I've been primarily running for years, and I want to stretch my GM powers away from the more material/game-mechanic terminology. I noticed that people quest to get "mythic" items, and I realized that there were a number of factors there: 1) How does the quester actually get the item? (I asked that one in my previous post.)
2) When two different questers do the "same" quest and get the "same" item, do they get the same thing? (Reference KoDP.) 3) The book seems to indicate that items don't maintain their enchantment. How does this affect items that people might specifically adventure for? ("Alright, we've penetrated the barrow of our hated enemy's ancestor, Bad King Urgrain II. Unfortunately, none of his good stuff works anymore, and all we can find is these stamped silver disks in these urns. Are these work anything?")

> I especially like the subject-line: without the "h" the matter
> seems more relevant!!!

Argh! Must get new keyboard. Repeatedly banging my 'ead on t'is one seems to 'ave 'ad adverse effects on t'is one... ;)

Roland