Re: Re: Community Support funkiness

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:10:20 +0100

Nick_at_... wrote:
> The problem I find I'm running into is that there are three sets of
> terms: for levels of success, for levels of support, and for levels
> of initiation (in theist worship). I think the level of *support* is
> the ditchable one, personally, as it adds extra complexity to what
> should be a straightforward mechanic.

Yes, the whole thing would be simpler if we could ditch the idea of mixed levels of support. But if we want to use the existing Community Support table we need some way of determining how many people provide what level of support.

Even then, the mechanism should have someway of representing people putting more or less effort into supporting you, if only to assure that initiation HQs are sufficiently easy and Magic Sword (TM) HQs are more difficult.