Re: Community Support funkiness

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:41:07 -0000

Benedict Adamson wrote:

> Yes, the whole thing would be simpler if we could ditch the idea
> of mixed levels of support. But if we want to use the existing
> Community Support table we need some way of determining how many
> people provide what level of support.

I don't necessarily want to keep that table, which is unduly complex for what it sets out to do (compare to any other Hero Wars mechanic or table!), and which inevitably leads to the "kick your biggest fans down a well" problem sufficiently aired in rules discussions past.

I want to replace it with something simpler that does the job better with fewer "new rules" or "special cases" required to interpret.

Cheers, Nick