An Extended Support Table...

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:21:30 -0500

How does this look to everyone? These numbers represent Extraordinary modifiers. *Support* gives a positive modifier (bonus), *Resistance* gives a negative modifier (penalty). Total bumps down two levels, and Ordinary bumps down four levels. Rather than keeping the number after the slash for lesser levels of support or resistance, I advocate just adding all the values together. If you really *insist* upon giving a lower modifier for lesser support (which would be the value after the slash on the HERO WARS chart), I suggest you divide the difference between the modifier achieved and the next lower one by *two*.

Success in a Relationship test or contest gives the following support levels:

        Complete Victory = Extraordinary Support
           Major Victory = Total Support
           Minor Victory = Ordinary Support
Marginal (either) or Tie = Neutral
            Minor Defeat = Ordinary Resistance (Objection)
            Major Defeat = Total Resistance (Forbiddance)
         Complete Defeat = Extraordinary Resistance (Condemnation)

Supporters (Modifier)
         1 (1)
         2 (2)
         4 (4)
         8 (6)
        16 (8)
        32 (10)
        64 (12)
       125 (14)
       250 (17)
       500 (20)
        1K (25)
        2K (30)
        4K (35)
        8K (40)
       16K (50)
       32K (60)
       64K (75)
      125K (90)
      250K (105)
      500K (120)
        1M (135)
        2M (150)
        4M (175)
        8M (200)
       16M (225)
       32M (250)
       64M (300)
      125M (350)
      250M (400)
      500M (500)

1000 people giving Extraordinary Support provide +25, 1000 giving Total Support provide +17, 1000 giving Ordinary Support provide +12. If you use the after-the-slash value, 1000 people giving Total Support provide +2 and 100 giving Ordinary Support provide +1... but only if a higher level of support has been achieved. Another way would be to take the largest modifier as the base, and use the after-the-slash calcuation on those levels which supply the *lower* modifers. If you have 125 giving ES (+14), 250 giving TS (+12) and 4000 giving OS (+17), the final bonus is
+43 using full value and +19 (17 + ([14 - 12] / 2) + ([12 - 10] / 2) = 17
+ 1 + 1 = 19) using the alternate after-the slash method.

Thought? Opinions?

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and