Re: Sub Cult Feats and Character Creation; Geas-breaker

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 08:01:37 -0700

Steve asked

> devotee of Helamakt Adventurous.
> Now he gets the Combat and Movement affinities from Orlanth Adventurous and
> Combat from Helamakt.

> a) Does he end up with one big Combat affinity or two separate ones, one
> from OA and one from Helamakt. I personally think the latter, but what do
> others think?

I think one affinity.

> b) The Storm Feats he gets from Helamakt, do they remain as feats? Or does
> he not get them because he has no Storm affinity?

I'd give him a Storm affinity with just those feats, to round him out at three affinities.

> Now I'm thinking of giving him both Hunter and Warrior keywords, with
> hunter at 17 and warrior at 13, does this sound reasonable?

Sounds reasonable. What's not reasonable is starting out with two full keywords at 17. (If one of the keywords is something like god-talker, which is intended as an additional keyword, then both would be at 17.)

Mikko

> What sort of geas could the Red
> Emperor, his sworn enemy, force him to break as Harshaltar was killing
> him.

Someone (I forget who) proposed it was something like "never attack from behind," so all the Emperor had to do was turn as the blow descended.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein