RE: followers

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:23:03 +0100

> For the first time my players have written followers into
> their 100 words,
> they all seem to be healer types!! So I have a question.
> I was wondering, the score they get for followers, not the
> followers skill
> levels, does this represent the follower being available, around when
> needed? Or is it if you ask them to do something, how loyal
> they are etc?

Follower are always available unless the narrator forbids them. The follower rating represents the chance that they will do something that is above a beyond the normal call of duty. I.e. help in a fight for a healer beyond leading AP as requested. Following the hero to certain death etc. Fighting for a warrior is considered normal duty but going against the Crimson Bat is not.

> Also I'm leaning towards the idea of treating all alynxes they have as
> allies not followers. An Alynx just doesn't fit as a follower
> IMHO. What do
> others think/do?

Do as you wish. I tend to treat animal by there job rather than by species. So a Hunting Alynx helps you hunt, a warhorse help you fight. So they Add there AP when there job skills are relevant. If for some reason they are acting on there own then they can use the full range of skills the animal has.

This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the sender.
We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to postmaster_at_... then delete the E-Mail and destroy any copies of it.

It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

For further information, visit us at WWW.MITSUIBABCOCK.COM