Re: Many heroes against one big nasty beast

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:32:49 -0000

Hmm. I suggest you look at the mutiple extended contests section of the rules.

How I would have run it would have been like a normal combat. On one side are the PC;s with their various combat/magic skills. ON the other is the dragonnewt-thing using its Combat augmented by whatever it could bring to bear.

If it was not huge I'd say that only 4 or so heroes could attack it directly (close combat) but others could use magic or augment/lend AP/assist other heroes.

Combat proceeds normallly with each hero attacking on his action. If he loses against the creature, then he loses/gains AP. But each time the heroes attack, they gain a multiple attacker bonus of -3 to the critter's ability. The creature, when it comes around to its action, can attack ONE hero (unless it had many attacks or something like that).

Jeff