Re: Many heroes against one big nasty beast

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:20:18 -0700

Philippe

>I had the impression, at the time, that the rules would say
> to consider all PCs as a single entity, with a leader (strong
>fighting ability) and the others lending APs and so on. But during
>play no one had the impression of any leader : they were surprised to
>find the beast, and were disorganized, running everywhere, shouting,
>falling and so one.

I'd almost never consider all the players to be a single group, unless they clearly did have a leader (or they were trying to convince a single person who could only listen to one argument at a time).

This sounds like an extended group contest to me.

>Do you think the system could work with APs, players betting some, and
>the beast trying to fight them all at the same time ?

Yes.

The only tough decision is whether to apply the multiple attacker penalties on the beast.

>AR was perceived in France as 'oh no, another monsters
>compendium, what are they doing ?'. So no one bothered to buy it or
>even to open it ...

The RQ Bestiary actually had some of the best climate date on Glorantha -- I tended to use it for that more than for beasts.

David Dunham dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein