Re: Re: Many heroes against one big nasty beast

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:05:32 +0100

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:12:57 -0000, you wrote:

>> > The snag with that is the standard horse is only 5W Large so you
>> need a
>> > big horse to trample normal sized humans.
>
>> I thought that this Large ability represented more the ability to
>'use
>> its size to do something' more than any 'real' size. Or else that
>mean
>> you can't have a PC deciding to use its initial '5W' in something
>like
>> 'Bigger man in the clan 5W'. And why not ?
>
>Depends on how you perieve size. I do not like the idea of a Large 5W
>human, simply because it becomes impossible to compare Large
>directly. "The bridge is weak - use it's Stay Up 15 against the Large
>of any creature trying to cross". I would say any human over about
>Large 17 is notably superhuman in stature (I wouldn't disallow it, it
>would just need a damn good reason). I don't necessarily say Large =
>weight either, but every creature (including human) has a mundane
>range of Large (I'd say about Small 8 to Large 17 for an adult).

I can certainly cope with the idea of a character being huge and having Large 5W. Think Andre the Giant. I don't think I'd allow anyone to spend a Hero Point and become Large 6W at the end of the session.

Is Carl Hiaassen shaking his head and saying "If I'd have written this, no-one would have beleived it?"