Re: Digest Number 519

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:09:42 -0000

No worries. Its a useful tool, I find.

> > Was the thing edible? I can see a big critterlike that really
> helping
> > a stead last through the winter.
>
> No, it was seen (maybe rightly) as being a bit chaotic. It was
burned
> and they will take care that the place is purified.
> Why, do you have conversion rules from Large xWy to number of
bushels
> ? :-)

Um, I'd say if its the size of an elephant (bigger actually but probably has less usable meat on it by weight)... I seeem to recall reading that an elephant, properly butchered, will feed a small village (read your big stead) for about 2-3 weeks. Call it 8 bushels or so.

And think of all the 'smite our dragon enemies' enchantments your clan can make with this massive source of raw material.. Dragon bone arrows, charms to protect against dragons and so forth.

Heck, I'd be out selling the bitz. =)

Jeff