Re: Re: Biggest man in the Tula

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:36:44 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Charles Corrigan wrote:

> > One option, as a house rule, is to decide that Large/Small joins
> > wealth as a special ability.
>
> <much snipped>
>
> This is based on the assumption that Large (or Small) measures the
> actual size of the hero. My preference is that it actually measures
> the ability of a hero to use their Large to their own advantage.

Several possible interpretations of 'Large 5W'.

  1. Person is literally the size of a horse.
  2. Person has the ability to use his size to create the same effect as a horse.
  3. Person can when so desired swell to the size of a horse.

and doubtless others.

Like Sunset Leap, I prefer to believe that all of these are true, depending on the desires of the player, the needs of the story and the origin of the ability. (1) appears the best supported by the rules, (2) the most 'realistic' - as much as that means in a magical setting - and (3) could easily be the result of integrating a suitable spirit.

Having said that, for anything other than PCs, I'd almost always go with (1), using 'big' 'tall' 'bulky' 'throws weight around' or similar for NPCs.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net