Raven Banner Re: [HeroWars] carrion birds

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:28:12 -0000

At the risk of sounding obvious... He's SUPPOSED to die!

The bounus lasts till the battle ends, even if he dies. He's paying for victory with his life. Its a sacrifice that the gods look upon with favor.

> > Or it allows the banner wearer to augment the entire
> > fyrd with his Close Combat or Relationship to Clan (how much they
> > care about him...) but I'd prefer the banner bearer to be a
warrior
> > rather than 'everyone's favorite doddering uncle with his
> > Clan Relationship: 10w2' holding the banner
> >

> If he doesn't have a sufficiently good Close Combat, he's likely to
> loose the banner fairly quickly, and letting your enemies carry a
> Warband Wyter that "guarantees victory" is not going to do your
> morale much good...

Not really. Its a magic you've cast. But I think that keeping the wielder and the banner alive as long as possible.

But you're right -- they CAN'T lose the banner. Even if they just have him lying there with friends about in a death-scene like unto Wolf at Quebec as the rest of the fyrd fights on to victory, the bonus would keep going.

That's pretty dramatic. And it provides some risk. I like it. =)

Jeff