Re: Dual Magic Keywords

From: Roland Volz <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:07:48 -0000

Jeff Kyer replied to Peter Larsen who replied to Stephen Royle.]
> > You can't be devoted to two deities. There just isn't enough
> > time in a day (besides being devoted to two gods is like
> > trying to serve the two masters of the adage). Now, you could
> > have a starting character who was a devotee/initiate (Keywords
> > start at 17), but it's going to eat up a lot of their time
> > (70-80%), so the player really ought to be able to explain how
> > the character eats.
> I didn't even SEE that.
> He can have 1 devotion. The other is Initiation to a subcult.
> Right.

I wonder how the new Illumination will work. In the outdated understanding, this would be possible for an Illuminate to accomplish, since he can ignore all kinds of restrictions (geasa, cultic incompatibilities, game-balance, common sense, etc.)

Let's see, communal worship 10% + initiate 20% + devotion 30% + same god initiate 10% + same god devotion 30% = yup, 100%. Maybe he should be a devotee of Great Orlanth, or a disciple, instead. And doesn't the GM get to play disciples? ;)

Roland
"Gimme that character! *Snatch* Muhuhahaha! The Power is Mine!"