Re: Re: Dual Magic Keywords

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 12:30:30 +1200

At 17:07 20/04/01 +0000, you wrote:

>I wonder how the new Illumination will work. In the outdated
>understanding, this would be possible for an Illuminate to
>accomplish, since he can ignore all kinds of restrictions (geasa,
>cultic incompatibilities, game-balance, common sense, etc.)

IMO the illuminate in HW can join any cult, sorcery school, low order, animistic tradition and learn their magic, but he cannot understand any secrets (simply because illumination itself is a secret and nobody can learn more than one). I've written a fuller exposition that should be available to the archives.

--Peter Metcalfe