Re: archery

From: tim_at_...
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 12:29:49 -0000

> Exactly so. The only major consideration is the frequency of shots
as
> I try to deal with the melee in a narrative style and don't always
> count rounds in strictly numerical terms. A sequence of rounds
might
> include a few of slow circling and intimidation (a few minutes in
> time), followed by a few of fast and furious action (over in
> seconds). I just have to work out where to plug the archers shots
in.

If you don't count the number of arrows either then you can just have each simple contest represent the results of the shots taken since the last sequence. You could always give the archers a bonus if you think they should have been able to fire more arrows/take more time aiming, and/or penalise them for needing to take snap-shots...