About Anaxials Roster, and the otherworlds

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:32:16 +0300 (EET DST)

I have some questions, and I'm not quite sure whether they belong on the HW-rules, HW or the Gloranthan Digest. But here goes...

HW rules state that creatures lose a varying amount from their abilities, when they are not on their home ground (Daimones in the spiritworld, Essenses in the mundane world...)

This is supposed to happen to all abilities, mental, magical and physical.

I'm having some problems with this. Mainly with the abilities that deal with such things as strenght, speed and size.

Since most people are Large 6, they end up being Small 6w1, and puny 6w1?

So normal people are reduced to the size of a shrew?

I think I'll interpret this so that the penalties for being in the wrong world effect magic and perception, and not the "physical" attributes.

But I'd like to know, how did the authors of TR deal with this? Are Unicorns the size of Mammoths when in the right plane? Are those prissy Dara Happan warrior angels Big as horses and as strong too, when you meet them at the realm of Yelm?

Somehow most of that sounds very unlikely...

        -Adept