Re: About Anaxials Roster, and the otherworlds

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:14:16 -0000

Anyway, my take on the issue is not that all abilities are reduced by 10 or 20 or whatever, but that you have a penalty that large on your ability to do anything. So, you could still trample on a mousespirit  in the spirit realm (you are more than 20 size points bigger), but your odds of doing anything to it aren't so high (you have a big alien world penalty. I'm assuming for the moment that you are a theist, by the way).

Mind you, the potentials for descriptions to explain the penalties are huge. Maybe in parts of the spirit realm you do go through Alice in Wonderland type experiences, where you look mice in the eyes. Maybe elsewhere in the spirit realm everything works as if through a bizarre mirror (left is right, etc). In yet another maybe you revert to being a child. Perhaps in places on the Saints' plane there are rigid rules on who can move how, akin to chess, and so on. As much as the otherworld penalties are devastating, it seems to me that the descriptions of these other realms are what should really let the heroes know that they aren't in kansas anymore.

--Bryan