Re: Re: About Anaxials Roster, and the otherworlds

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 12:41:58 +0800

[snip Nicks sorcerous otherworld]
> Don't like that image much. I prefer the Sorcery World to be more
>of a huge Hermetic diagram -- every correspondence in its place, everything
>clearly identifiable if you have the wit and learning. "It's yellow; it
>must come from the West and Sulpher will attract it...". On the other hand,
>I suspect there are as many ways to see the Sorecerous Other World as there
>are schools to teach the seeing, and probably more. There's room for a lot
>of ways in that strict structure.

        Yes, pretty much my view - my conception of the sorcerous otherworld is very much based on medieval occult art. Lots of strange symbolism, etc. Many things might be labelled with their rune etc, but I don't like the Matrix scrolling code image. There does seem to be a more numerical emphasis to the sorcerous than there is to, say, alchemy, but I don't think that manifests as everything numbered, more in everything being in carefully maintained relationships and ratios, with geometric diagrams at some points etc.

	Cheers
		David