Re: Re: Re: HPs and normal abilities house rule.

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 14:37:48 +0100

Olli Kantola wrote:
> That brings us to the point that if heroic individuals
> encounter normal, but competent individuals (such as enemy weaponthanes or
> something) then if they have heropoints, they are very likely to use them.
> If on the other hand they don't have them, then the PCs aren't in any real
> danger against opponents that don't have heropoints. On the other hand if
> only major villains have heropoints, then only they pose a danger to the
> pcs and they have to use their own points...

I never give NPCs HPs. It cheapens the currency. If I gave NPCs HPs, I would have to give the PCs so much more in (gamne-mechanic) compensation. So nothing would be gained.

IMAGE, HPs are the only game mechanic advantage the hero's have. The mechanic gives them an emergency escape when they are unlucky, or I have made the bad guys too powerful.