Re: Re: HPs and normal abilities house rule.

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 16:57:27 +0300 (EET DST)

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Jeff wrote:

> > ...And yes, having the whole fyrd with armour of ^20 is pretty
> tough!!
>
> But useless unless its an extended contest...
>
> Jeff

Isn't this a bit contrary to the spirit of the whole extended contest / simple contest mechanism? Aren't the two supposed to end up with roughly the same result (on the average)?

I'd say the ^20 should at least translate to a +10 in skill in a simple context, though it hardly means the same thing. Fighting somebody with a defensive edge ^20 is nasty. Facing a whole fyrd with such armor is daunting!

        -Adept