Re: HPs and normal abilities house rule.

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 14:29:51 -0000

Mikko wrote:

> I'd say the ^20 should at least translate to a +10 in skill in a
> simple contest, though it hardly means the same thing.

I agree completely. IMO the various types of enhancement (edges, handicaps, augmentations, penalties and extra APs) should all be converted into skill bonuses/penalties for simple contests, using conversion rates implicit in the enhancement rules. Otherwise you can have the absurd situation where you are forced to use unwieldy and time-consuming extended contests to resolve otherwise simple issues.

I don't quite understand the "hardly means the same thing" -- it makes it much more likely the armoured fyrd will *win*, doesn't it? In a simple contest, you'd narrate that they won because of their magically marvellous armour. No?

Cheers, Nick