Re: HPs and normal abilities house rule.

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 17:31:48 -0000

In the case of Starkval, his only defensive edge is "turn blow." Very useful in fyrd combat, no doubt. Less useful when you are being peppered with arrows or lightning bolts.

So in this case, I'd narate that they fyrd won because with marvelous discipline the shield wall was held perfectly, every blow met by a shield, every man covered his neighbour, and eventually they simply wore down their opponents. Given how exciting this might not be to play out, yes I think running it as a simple contest works much better!

--Bryan