Re: Misc questions

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:47:24 -0000

Anaxial's state's that a Wyvern's sting doesn't inject poison "although many assume that it does." (or words similar to that). Heck, you don't have to poisoin the heroes, just make them think that they are in danger of being poisoned, that should create enough fear and loathing.

> > 3) Wyvern's sting
> > I was going to make the sting go for a wound each exchange. PCs
> taking a
> > wound would have to suceed in a simple contest (agility etc.). If
> > successful they'd take a hurt (diving to the ground, lashed by
the
> tail or
> > whatever) but not be poinsoned. Does that seem reasonable?
>
> Seems pretty extreme to me. I'd avoid negligent PC homicide if you
> can. =)
>
> I'd propose something a little less lethal if I had my books here.

Again, refering to anaxial's roster, it says that the sting can either be used to count as "multiple attackers" against one foe, or letting it attack two foes at once. Seems pretty simple to me, just give it two attacks when its turn comes up.

Of course, your wyverns may vary. If you want them to inject poison you can, but I'd be inclined just to use something simple, like giving the sting a big edge (if it hits even a little bit you lose quite a few AP, if you lose this could turn out to mean you are incapacitated with poison. If you win then with prompt treatment (sucking out the poison or whatnot) you negate the damage....but this would be a good place to possibly use the greivous wounds penalty.

I think sticking with ARs multiple attacks rule is the easiest way to handle that particular aspect, however.

--Bryan