Re: Misc questions

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:14:43 +0200

>Another scenario which presents itself is a man in the bush
>encountering a snake. The snake bites the man, the man kills it but
>then dies of the poison before reaching help. Who won the contest?
>Was there even a contest? Any thoughts on rules for such delayed
>kills?

It depends on the contest, no? I'm loath to inflict random and frivolous death-threats on player characters, so if there was a contest where a player character died then he surely lost horribly whatever the contest was about.

The interesting bit about the contest is whether the PC dies or not, not whether he kills the snake or not. So i don't see this as a "delayed kill" or a situation in need of special rules interpretation.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]