Re: Re: defensive ability

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:01:29 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 21 May 2001 gamartin_at_... wrote:

> What I was wondering is that such a feat is still a combat ability,
> so why would the defendant make a parry roll with any ability other
> than Combat? But this seems to mitigate against the idea of the
> feat in the first place - say I had Sword 5w and Salmon Leap 17, my
> chances of success would be lower. The example given in HW dealing
> with this sort of thing outlines an attack against a zombie in which
> a feat is used to bypass an inherent ability (invulnerability to
> normal weapons). In this case, the dramatic change (mundane attack
> to magical attack) forces the defending zombie to roll under changed
> circumstances.

We've done a fair bit of this kind of stuff. The salmon leap would be used to augment your normal close combat, giveing a bonus (if successful) for surprise, attacking a vulnerable area, etc.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net