Re: defensive ability

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:17:32 -0000

> If they try 1 then their opponent gets an ability test to hit them.

Hmm, I don't like that. The AP system seems to me adequate to model this - I don't think we need special contingency attack rules and the like.

> However I would then allow the hero to augment their Close Combat
> with different ablilities in contest whose objective was to
withdraw
> such as run fast or a movement affinity.

I'd do it almost the diametric opposite - I'd insist they use a movement ability TN (as they are executing a movement action) but carry the AP over from the CC contest - it is the same contest, even if both combatants have switched skills. the initial contribution of their CC is already reflected in their AP total, but I would allow them to roll CC or RC as Augments if they were also trying to "drive off the pursuer".