Re: Converting RQ to Hero Wars

From: arkat_at_...
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 03:43:55 -0000

Andrew wrote:
> I'm just starting to plan a Gloranthan game after a long absence.
Some of > my players still have their old RQ3 characters and want to convert them to > Hero Wars. So my question is: are there any guidelines for this anywhere?

I've got a guideline table for skill transference on my wesbite amidst the heretical HW House Rules:
http://home.primus.com.au/arkat/hwhouse.html The conversion table is the least heretical, being based on power level guidelines that I discussed with Greg and Mark Galeotti (author of new HW Player's Guide)
Doesn't make it remotely official, and lots of people may well shout it down, but nonetheless it's an effort in the right direction. I used it to transfer skills for all my old RQ PCs when we restarted the Pavis Campaign, and those who knew both systems were happy with it