Re: Failure at the end of a HQ

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:32:08 -0700

Mike asked

> What happens if the Heroes trot through their heroquest
> (successfully or not), get to the end, and fail to overcome the
> 10W3 resistance to return to the Middle World?
>
> Do they just get stuck wandering around the [whatever] plane forever?

Sure. (I've had a character stuck on the hero plane after a heroquest failure. Luckily his friends came to rescue him.)

Except that as a narrator, it's dramatically inappropriate to do this for an otherwise successful quest. You could either fudge failure (as Roderick suggested), or ignore the test (since it's likely to be successful anyway).

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>