Doom Rune

From: jubjub_at_...
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 02:53:35 -0000

I was playing in a campaign and the GM asked players to write up a series of cults/groups/affiliations. I had a fun time putting some together. While the campaign is over, I decided to put together some more for fun.

In searching Glorantha resources I've run across a single reference to the Doom rune. The rune itself is the inverse of the Luck rune. The two together form the Destiny/Fate rune.

What are thoughts about a valued Orlanthi cult whose god is tied into Doom?

Protector of traditional ways:

   Those who stray suffer a Doom.
   Judging, Protector of Orlanthi ways

Never invade Russia in late fall:

   Doom to invaders
   Harsh winter, but favors its own
   Tenacious, cantacerous old thane

Wild hunter archetype:

   Not so positive, but easy to flesh out

Doom announcing Death:

   Sub-cult to Humakt
   Hero, where he goes Death follows.
   Issue with Humakt's cutting of ties.

Anyway, what are people's thoughts, and other possible cults? Any of these sound interesting to flesh out?

Jonathan