Re: Worship

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:19:44 -0000

> I presume that if a temple or shrine is not available a Devotee
> or at a push an Initiate could hold an impromptu ceremony
> anywhere.

I would put it on a scale of

Disciple - he is the deity - he goes to the formal ceremonies to get large scale support for magical undertakings and to show the rest of the worshippers that their deity cares for them

Devotee - as long as the devotee remembers to perform the ceremonies, the only issue is that they do not get the standard community support for the season long or year long cermonies that summon the correct winds in their place

Initiate - does not (yet) understand all of the secrets of the ceremonies, may not get the full benefits

> I have a long adventure about to start that may take the heroes
> far from clan lands for an extended period and was wondering
> how best to approach this?

Make them work it out at least once - a hero band could be the vehicle for each worshipper to get the backing required to get their deities' blessing.

regards,
Charles