Re: Re: Just a quick question

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 13:52:25 +0100

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:
> It could be though. Parhaps any level of victory with the dragonslaying
> sword would end up with a dead dragon. At least, that's how I'd use the
> slay undead feat.
>
> Or if that's too drastic, then at least up the success level by one, so
> that dazed becomes hurt, hurt becomes wounded and so on...

Too drastic, I'd say.
Otherwise everyone would choose to have 'Sword of Death' as a magic item, with the kind of problems that Jarec has in mind.

The principle that the name you give an ability does not determine its power is an important one, I believe. You are suggesting that the name of an ability should make a difference in the victory level.