Re: Items as followers [Was: Just a quick question]

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 14:02:12 +0100

Bruce Ferrie wrote:
> Also, one of the things I find particularly interesting about using items as
> abilities in HW, is that it provides a suitably mythic item that grows in power
> as the hero does, starting at a fairly feeble 13 and ending up who knows where
> as its legend becomes more well known. (That said, is there an argument for
> taking a particularly powerful "multi-function" item as a follower?).

An excellent idea. I think I'll try to do so at the next opportunity.

As a Follower, the sword would give APs in combat, which doesn't seem unreasonable. Your Follower relationship rating could represent how likely you were to lose it (or leave it at home). It could have Devotee of X or Initiate of X keywords, which would be similar to a classic RQ Allied Spirit that could cast Rune Magic.