Re: Re: Just a quick question

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 15:32:08 +0100

Jarec wrote:
> I am aware of the example you quote and in my game at least two of
> the player heroes have magic items. What they don't have is lots of
> magic items. They would probably like more but are aware that they
> are things to be worked for and this is partly what motivates them.

You don't get something for nothing during character generation. If you devote many of your 100 words to magic items, you have fewer to describe physical, mental and magical abilities and relationships. A magical item is no good if you can't apply it, and a Narrator can easily produce episodes where a hero loaded with feeble magic items (which would be the case) is helpless. No dragons to attack with your Dragonslayer Sword? Brah haha...

Aren't physical, mental and magical abilities and relationships 'things to be worked for'? Why single out magic items as different?