Re: Just a quick question

From: Jarec <jarec_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 14:37:52 -0000

Running adventure = fun. Spending HP = less fun.

> As Ian reported, in a previous adventure we uncovered some dastardly
> Thanatari, and thereby gained a named klanth, which is almost
> certainly magic, as it is a valuable gift. In our latest adventure
we
> chased our trickster, who had swallowed the klanth and ran off
drunk.
> We didn't seem to lack motivation, despite nobody spending a HP to
> cement the benefit of the klanth.

No problems with this. It was role play, it was fun, people will remember it.

When you ask your players where the Klanth came from in 6 months time they will tell a story with no reference to the rules. Much better than some artifact they just bought. Even if they describe the items history when they buy it, anything that comes from out of game will never have a real history for the players.

Jarec