Re: Stop Time

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:52:39 -0000

I don't think that you can stop time, slow it down, or speed it up. Time is part of the great compromise and you just cannot alter it without endangering the Compromise and the Universe. Gods don't have this power - see Javern Spithorn and the Sunset Leap:

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/javern_sunsetleap.html

The Sunstop may have affected Time, but this is a one off, involvement of millions event, and huge magical consequences.

So I'd disallow the power. I'm all for the Hero Wars philosophy of saying 'Yes', but only to elements that do not contradict the principles of the game world. As another example I would not allow 'Godlearners secret' as a character ability.

Ian Cooper