Ap-lending question

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:31:23 -0000

dear folks,

I recently wondered about the use of AP-lending in extended groups contests.
what happens, if a character intends to lend a big amounth of APs to his comrades by, for instance, firing into a melee in which they are engaged [hopefully hitting their opponents!], and a. he later decides to do something else, like joining the melee...

or

b. he's suddenly attacked, disrupted etc... and has to change the used ability???

he won't have many APs left, orjsut imagine the case, in which he did lend them all...,
how can this be described
["you fired about a dozen arrows but when you decide to join the melee your arm has strained..."?]

or ruled otherwise?

I feel this to be wrong, since by lending many/all APs the character seem to decide his actions in advance, i.e. hasn't free choice anymore...

Am I wrong?

Any comments are gladly appreciated!

stefan