Re: Affinities Question

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:26:33 -0000

Um, only devotees get feats and they don't suffer an improv penalty if they are using the feat in an acceptable, standard manner.

> > Greg's (I think!) take was that initiate's use the affinity
> directly, and
> > lack the control that feats provide. Thus they just say 'I use my
> Death
> > magic to kill the zombie' and its up to the GM to decide if and
how
> this
> > works.
>
> So wild Death magic abounds. May kill zombie mut might also hit
> anyone else within a radius for 2AP, that sort of thing.
Uncontrolled
> and potentially dangerous sounds good to me.

Close but from what I recall Greg's explanation at the con was that: You're asking Humakt for help and tossing some dice. The narrator decides how well you get helped and how. Its an augment without a penalty -- but you can only do one augment with that affinity. If you've got multiple feats, you can do differnt ones (a great advantage of devotees)

I just don't think its uncontrolled, sorry. Calling for a feat is asking for a specific bit of help, hence the improv penalty.

Jeff