Re: Decapitation and other Humaktization

From: reinierd_at_...
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 01:17:18 -0000

Jeff (or others), could you elaborate on this please? I am intrigued and encouraged that you have found a way to make this useful. My problem with the Humakti feats is that they all seem to be along the lines of "Cut Foe [augment x]" "Cut Foe Some More [augment x]" "And While Your At It, Cut Them Again [augment x]". How do you make the different descriptions have different rule effects that are actually useful?

Eg, in combat you would probably be unlikely to switch your Humakti over from CC 3W2 to Combat Affinity, Decapitate Foe Feat 10W unless the enemy has extremely poor resistance (or at least worse than their CC). It also seems that the enemy could legitimately defend with Close Combat, although some (mild IMO) improv penalty might be required.

And this segues nicely into a rant on Humakti feats. Where are Blind Fighting, Lightning Draw, Reverse Strike, Vorpal Blade Went Snickersnack, Hit Foe Into the Middle of Next Week, Slash Multiple Opponents In One Giant Swing, Flashing Blade, Defeat All Enemies (hey, that's what he did in his initiation by the bad uncles, right?) etc?! Why is it that the combat feats of Vinga, Elmal and others are so much more interesting, useful, and have wider applications? (sorry I don't have books with me or I would cite but Ricochet Shot comes to mind) Humakt is the best warrior of the Storm Tribe, shouldn't his feats be able to do something more fun and creative than the simple augment or edge enhancement?

Tongue partially in cheek,
Reinier