Re: broad abilities; Deadeye; saga fun

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:23:10 -0000

And, considering how few and far between Hero Points are, if I have (at the end of a session) four points to spend, and Close Combat costs me 3.... then there's that much less character development happening. Especially if you can only raise Broad Skills by +1 per session like affinities/grimoires/etc.

This is pretty much what has been said by a few players and narrators. Hopefully, this will be heard.

I don't mind nesting ablilties or buying a bonus with aspects of an ability -- it adds flexibility to a character. It can be abused, yes. But the

> A case can be made, but it would seem contry to the intent of most
of
> HW,

Yes. I'd rather encourage character development. Combat is cheap. Let it remain so and encourage using other abilities.

Jeff