RE: Deadeye

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:05:35 -0700

Sorry I missed the start of this one.

In HW terms, the character who got the Deadeye power got it from a wicked cauldron that the band fished up form the bottom of Skyfall Lake. They knew it was cursed just by looking at it, and it had a lid. When the guy opened it a burnign smoke came out and scalded his face and infected his eye with Deadeye. If he'd had both eyes open it would have infected both eyes. I would, in HW, give it at a Huge ability, not some petty little starting 14 or whatever. Today I'd give it the power of 10w2 at least. Anytime that he looked at anythign it was killed.
BUT he also took damage himself from the excrutiating agony of opening his eye. I'd make the player make a Resistance of his Helath against the eye. and of course, he would have asked, "what's my starting Health? It's not a stat." And THEN I'd say, "Oh, the usual for a starting power: 14." But then, I am an evil Narrator.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>