Re: Broad categories, Hunting

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:50:33 -0000

Benedict wrote:

> I'm told Greg wants descriptions of NPCs in submitted scenarios to
> have only a handful of stated abilities. Allowing abilities of any
> breadth might help doing so.

We can already do that with keywords, and can do it better using the existing keywords combined with the proposed new notation for "broad abilities". Consider this:

     Heortling 13
     Hunter 17 (Archery +6, Stalk +3)
     Odayla initiate 17 (Bear affinity +5)
Abilities:
     Knows what's in Runegate 15, hates Tarshites 17

This combines the NPC notation from HW with the "bonuses to things within broad abilities, affinities, close combat, etc." notation proposed for HW2. I can't use underlines etc. in this email, but in the books and in play you could easily use typography to distinguish keywords from other abilities.

Any problems with this?

Cheers, Nick