Re: Broad categories, Hunting

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:34:32 -0000

Ian writes:

> What would cause me some concern would be if we start to get in to
> pre-defined skill trees: Close Combat, Hunting, Scholarship...

I share this concern. I broadly agree with this post. I still think the trick (for abilities which overlap significantly with keywords) is to look to the keywords for inspiration. I don't see how a skill tree will help Greg define Tough, Smart, Intelligent, etc., either.

Let's move away from Hunting and onto these broad and non-specific cases as the justification for new "Broad Skills" rules, eh?

Cheers, Nick