[More Time Warp...] Re: mysticism

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 19:39:43 +0100 (BST)

> From: gamartin_at_...

> Would it be reasonable to read this as the "basic rules" and to
> speculate that future products might expand the number of disciplines
> in a given dojo beyond 3?

Greg made a comment related to this at Tentacles, on the lines that all mysticism would have to use the same general rules as has already been published. I asked him if this meant that all such (I may have asked him specifically about the Kralori, that was certainly what was in my mind at the time) and he said something to the effect of "not necessarily".

Greg also made a comment that mystics would need to have "broad" abilities (arg, that thread again!) as their disciplines, to which my initial reaction was, in a nutshell, "Oh dear, mystics in Yet More Shagged Than Before Shocker". On later reflection, it occurs to me that this does at least provide an element of "balance" to having different systems with larger numbers of disciplines, but where they are "narrower" (well, at least some of them).