Re: Leave it alone!!!

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 18:28:58 +0100 (BST)

> If it ain't broken then don't fix it!!

And if it's only moderately flakey, don't bother trying to improve it?

I've never understood this sort of Conservative Tribesman Rioting: Moderately Common Event reaction. Can't we at least have a discussion on the respective merits of the available options _before_ playing the "rules inertia" joker?

Regardless of which, if any, abilities you think it'd be "appropriate" to categorise as Broad (and if it's None, the change doesn't really affect you, does it?), I think it can be argued purely from the point of view of "regularising" the position of affinities (and grimoires, I suppose), which as things stand are anomalous non-ability type thingies, and the added facility of being able to raise particular feats.

It's a game, not a fossil, ferpetesakes.