Re: Re: Community Support funkiness

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:05:33 +0100 (BST)

Michael Schwartz:
> Alex Ferguson wrote:
>
> >I should perhaps point out that the "problem"
> >I'm trying to fix is the purely technical one
> >of different levels of support "adding badly".
>
> I'm with Nick on this one, in that I feel all levels of support should be
> additive.

I'm not sure I follow you here. My suggestion _does_ make all support (sensibly) additive, in pretty much the same way as Nick was suggesting. (Indeed, AFAICS, exactly the same way, except perhaps that Nick was hedging somewhat about what "multiples" to use when converting between "columns".) That's the sole purpose of the suggestion, in fact...

Making other changes to the way the support system works (such as changing the basic table itself) is an entirely different matter, as I said, and I'd need to be clearer in my own mind about what the intended effect was before I could presume to comment sensibly.