Re: Leave it alone!!! (warning, contains sarcasm)

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:19:15 -0000

While I'm on the subject:

>> Just making sure IN THE RULES of 2nd ed that there's a good
>> example of how to deal with a player who's got a 'strong' and
>> trying to use it everywhere would probably be the best approach.

> Perhaps 'smart' would be a better example than 'strong'...

If we *really* want to introduce a special class of 'broad abilities' to which special rules apply, maybe we'd all be happier limiting them to something like the following list:

Strong/Muscular/Powerful/Mighty
Healthy/Enduring
Large/Big/Huge
Smart/Intelligent/Wise/Clever
Magically-Potent/High-Mana/Holy
Agile/Dextrous/Quick
Charismatic/Attractive

Bah. Humbug. "Broad abilities" my arse: Greg's reinventing RuneQuest characteristics and skill categories. Pfui.

Nick