Re: Leave it alone!!!

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:14:40 -0000

Smart or Clever is being abused in my game but I've been giving penalties for it IF it is being used as a subtistute skill. If you're using your clever to simply bamboozle someone else or to out wit/outthink your opponent, that's no penalty.

But using your clever to get out of the way/think up a defence quickly instead of Resist Sorcery when someone's targetted you with a 'Smite Soul' spell, is a -10...

That's the most glaring example I can think of.

> I am *sure* something like this used to be in the playtest draft,
and
> will look it up later to see if my memory has a huge hole in it or
> not.
>
> Cheers, Nick

If not, someone may have preformed a Memory Removal on you.

Hmm. Which reminds me, what would happen if you ended up with a bunch of refugees from the EWF/Dragon-kill popping up in your clan tula? I suspect they might have some problems.... =)

Jeff